Dear Friends and Families,
Today, July 6th, we proceed to the next phase of reopening with the start of in-office sessions. In order to prioritize safety and follow all public health regulations, in-office sessions will be limited and scheduled to minimize traffic in and near our facilities. Thus, these limited sessions will be for clients who cannot be adequately supported via telehealth.
As we carefully reopen our offices, The Child & Family Therapy Center of Denver is taking the following precautions to protect our clients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus:
- All Center staff wears masks.
- All therapists have hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol for use before and after each session, along with access to washrooms and sinks for hand-washing.
- Surfaces and items in therapy rooms and common areas have been reduced to a minimum.
- Pens and other surfaces that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted (exception: massage therapy services – with gloves and masks only).
- Massage therapists dispose of gloves after each session.
- Therapists will complete a symptom screening form with each client prior to entering the office.
- If you or your child affirms any symptoms, we will reschedule your session without penalty.
- Therapy rooms, surfaces and items touched are disinfected and sanitized after each session.
- Therapists will take their own temperature daily.
- Therapists will take your/your child’s temperature prior to each session with a no-contact thermometer.
- Therapists will adjust their use of aides to eliminate hard-to-clean tools such as sand, dress up clothes, and paper books.
- Clients are required to wear a face mask when meeting with their therapist, as well as family members within a 6-foot distance.
- An exemption can be obtained in advance for children under two or who have a medical condition preventing mask-use.
- Please see the callout box at the bottom of this email for resources to help you and your family get masks.
This brings us to the final safety category – our waiting rooms. We have always honored having a fun, relaxing, safe area for you and your family to wait before and during sessions. We realize our Center provides a welcome respite and even a place of community for bonding with other families. However, with the safety of our clients and families being a greater priority, we cannot reopen our waiting rooms at this time. When it is safe to do so, we look forward to reopening our full waiting rooms. Your therapist will provide further guidance and direction on how to report for your in-office session.
Your therapist will as always be your primary point of contact to discuss your care plan. They will work with you when they are able to schedule you in the office. Otherwise, please continue to plan to be seen via telehealth per the State of Colorado’s directive to maintain telehealth for those that are able.
Thank you as always for allowing us to walk alongside your family on its journey, and for continuing to prioritize the safety and health of yourself, your family, and our team.