This post is an informational resource for Medicaid members. The State of Colorado is beginning preparations for the end of the Federal Public Health Emergency on 5/11/2023. This will call for an eligibility review of all Coloradoans that are covered by Medicaid beginning in April 2023. The state will have 14 months to redetermine eligibility for all members. If the State determines that a member is no longer eligible for Health First Colorado or CHP+, the member will receive: notice of when their enrollment ends, information on how to appeal, and information about options for purchasing other health care coverage.
If you or your family is covered by Health First Colorado Medicaid or CHP+, here’s what you can do now to prepare:
- Update your contact info in PEAK
- Use the Health First Colorado app on their phone
- CHP+ members can call 800-359-1991 while Health First Colorado members can call 800-221-3943
- Sign up for Health First Colorado’s electronic newsletter and social media to get updates:
- Check your mail and watch for and respond timely to notices. The renewal packet will come 70 days before it is due
- You will need to return the packet via mail, fax, hand deliver it to your local County office, https://cdhs.colorado.gov/our-partners/counties/contact-your-county-human-services-department, update and return it thru the Peak website or Health First Colorado app
Even if you and your family are no longer eligible for Health First Colorado Medicaid, your children may remain eligible for CHP+. You can learn more about CHP+ here: CHP+ Welcome Summary. If your children are enrolled in CHP+, please select the Colorado Access CHP+ Plan to remain in-network at The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver. We are in-network for Colorado Access and Rocky Mountain Health Plans but cannot accept Friday Health Plans, Kaiser Permanente, or Denver Health.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Health First Colorado Member Center at 1-800-221-3943.